Metcalf Sniper Attack


A timeline of the sniper attacks

On April 16th, 2013 a power station belonging to the Pacific Gas and Electric Company was attacked by a team of snipers - causing $15 million dollars in damage to the power station, to this day no one has been arrested for the atttack and no group has claimed responsbility for the attack, which throws a major hole into the idea that the attack on the power station was an act of terrorism, which was even ruled out as a motive by the FBI due to the fact that no one claimed responsibility for the incident, which most terrorist organizations would. I know you may be criticizing me for citing the FBI as a source but they clearly don't know what happened in this incident and if it really was the action of a terrorist group they have no reason to hide it as it'd allow for more warmongering.

The timeline of the attacks goes as follows:

  • 12:58 AM - AT&T fiber-optic telecommunications cables were cut not far from U.S. Route 101 just outside south San Jose

  • 1:07 AM - Some customers of Level 3 Communications, an Internet service provider, lost service. Cables in its vault near the Metcalf substation were also cut.

  • 1:31 AM - A surveillance camera pointed along a chain-link fence around the substation recorded a streak of light that investigators from the Santa Clara County Sheriff's office think was a signal from a waved flashlight. It was followed by the muzzle flash of rifles and sparks from bullets hitting the fence.

  • 1:37 AM - PG&E received an alarm from motion sensors at the substation, possibly from bullets grazing the fence.

  • 1:41 AM - Santa Clara County Sheriff's department received a 911 call about gunfire, sent by an engineer at a nearby power plant that still had phone service.

  • 1:45 AM - The first bank of transformers, riddled with bullet holes and having leaked 52,000 US gallons (200,000 l; 43,000 imp gal) of oil, overheated, whereupon PG&E's control center about 90 miles (140 km) north received an equipment-failure alarm.

  • 1:50 AM - Another apparent flashlight signal, caught on film, marked the end of the attack. More than 100 expended 7.62×39mm cases were later found at the site.

  • 1:51 AM - Law-enforcement officers arrived, but found everything quiet. Unable to get past the locked fence and seeing nothing suspicious, they left.

  • 3:15 AM - A PG&E worker arrived to survey the damage.

The attack on the power station was incredibly sophisticated, this was noted by numerous people including Jon Wellinghoff who said that the attack on the power grid was most likely carried out by a team of professionals, particularly due to the lack of fingerprints on the shell-casings found at the scene and the all around lengths the shooters went to cover their footprints.

Another odd detail is that just a year prior to the attacks National Research Council of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine published a report sent to the Department of Homeland Security in 2007 that pointed out how vulnerable the power grid was to potential terrorist attacks, finally in 2015 the DHS indicated that the attack "might have" been committed by an insider to the company, possibly being a contracted militia - the question remains though as why?

My main theories on this incident are as follows, though they could be incorrect:

  • The attack was carried out by a privately contracted militia hired by PG&E to force the hand of FERC, as the attack did lead to an increase of spending on power station security.

  • The attack was a failed false flag operation by the CIA intended to tie into the Boston Marathon Bombing, though this theory is far less likely than the first.

Because I severely doubt this was the act of a foreign or domestic terrorist organization as they would've either continued to carry out said attacks at power stations or similar venues or have claimed responsibility for the attack itself.

CCTV footage of the attack (Skip to 2:07)

Return to False Flag Reports